Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Waiting Games

I am in the process of reading several continuing series right now and realize how frustrated I truly get as I wait to see how these series will play out.  Waiting, in most instances up to a year or more, after finishing one book for the next in a series is slow torture.  Because I have read a few series  when all the books have been available, meaning there is no wait, I ask myself why did I start series that are still ongoing, boy was that a bad move!  I feel like I am left in the middle of some great event, and then it abruptly stops so they can take a time out.  Not knowing what will happen next that really does me in, I ALWAYS have to know.  Leaving characters in peril or questions unanswered really doesn't suit me at all.  I get that it is a trick, played to keep those like me coming back for more, but ugh, it isn't an easy wait.  A good author makes that time between books worth the wait.  If they can return and make you feel satisfied they have made it worth the torture.  I have two books coming in May that I can't wait for, so I am waiting for April to hurry up so I can delve back into stories that have left me waiting for far too long.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hot Topics

Search This Blog