In my bookclub I recently had to take the reigns in our discussion
and felt pretty useless, even though it was about a book. I am far
better at sharing my thoughts about the current book when I don't have
to worry about leading, otherwise I am a bundle of nerves. Even when I am
just sharing I am questioning myself; am I talking too much, making an absurd
point, being rude! Recently, when I went to hang out at a good friend
and fellow blogger KitchenKM's game night, relaxing wasn't so easy, especially early
on. I felt awkward and kind of clammed up. Then as we played the
game, I think I got kind of snippy when I had to be silly in the game that was meant to be fun and easy going. I feel like a
pretty uncoordinated and unimpressive figure to begin with, and acting
silly or uninhibited just makes that even worse for me, even when it
should be fun or lighthearted. Overall I had fun, but I know I wasn't at my
best or socially graceful. It is a constant battle between wanting to be accepted and be
more social, and a fear of failing and just not measuring up or fitting
in. These thoughts are hard to ignore, it is just a given that I
will be nervous, clumsy, and awkward. Confidence never has been, and
most likely never will be my strong suit, I just can't seem to find my
size. K

No comments:
Post a Comment